English Debate


Debat adalah kegiatan adu argumentasi antara dua pihak atau lebih, baik secara perorangan maupun kelompok, dalam mendiskusikan dan memutuskan masalah dan perbedaan. Debat ada dalam berbagai bahasa. Bahasa Indonesia, Jerman, dll. Tapi kali ini mari kita bahas tentang English Debate (Debat Bahasa Inggris).

Nah gals, seorang debater harus memiliki beberapa diantaranya :
a. Vocabulary
b. Expressions
c. Sharing opinions, etc

Sistem debat juga ada beberapa macam. Ada Australian Debate Rules, Australia-Asia Debate Rules (Australasia System). Motion (topik) dalam debat biasanya menggunakan:
- “THBT": This House Believe That
- “THW”: This House Would

AUSTRALIAN DEBATE SYSTEM
 
 Istilah-istilah dalam debat :
  • Motion: Topik yang diperdebatkan
  • Negative Team
  • Positive/Affirmative Team
  • Limitation: Batasan yang harus diberikan oleh team positif agar pembicaraan tidak panjang lebar dan tidak sesuai dengan motion, digunakan untuk membatasi pembicaraan. Limitation juga bisa digunakan sebagai penjebak apabila team lawan berargumen yg keluar dari limitation anda. Jika positif team tidak memberi limitation maka haknya bisa diambil oleh negatif team dan itu sangat berbahaya, karena jalur pembicaraan dipegang team lawan. Limitation sudah terletak pada Themeline, tidak usah disendirikan antara Themeline dan Limitation.
  • Team Split: Bagian yang akan di bicarakan oleh masing-masing speaker.
  1. Education point of view
  2. Economic point of view
  3. Social point  of view
  4. Law point of view, etc
  • Themeline: Garis besar/inti dari motion yang diambil dari keseluruhan argument.
  • Manner: Cara penyampaian argument (sopan, tegas, meyakinkan, suara jangan sampai lembek karena berpengaruh pada kekuatan argument,  juga body language.)
  • Matter: Materi yang disampaikan harus sesuai dan berhubungan dengan motion.
  • Reply Speech: Kesimpulan dari ketiga argument yang menguatkan. Bisa di bawakan oleh 1st atau 2nd speaker, kita menyampaikan kelemahan lawan dan kelebihan/kekuatan tim kita.
  • Challenge
  • Best Solution (untuk negative team)
  • Link back (untuk positive team)
  • Contoh pembukaan sederhana oleh moderator :
  1. Bissmillahirrahmanirrahim, in the name of God, I declare this English Debating Competition … Open. Ladies and Gentlemen, before starting this competition, first of all, I would like to introduce the participants and committees to you all. The first team is from SMKN 1 DLANGGU, this team will be the affirmative team. The second team is from SMAN 1 PURI this team will be the negative or opposition team. In adjudicating the debates, there are 3 adjudicators here, they are …
Tugas Team Affirmatif

1st speaker :
> Greeting+introducing team                                    
> Giving the motion, limitation ,themeline and team split.
> Argument
> Link Back
Contoh :
Assalamu’alaikum Wr.Wb
Good morning ladies and gentleman. Honorable to the judge, moderator, time keeper, my beloved negative team and all of the audience. Thank you for the apportunity that given to me. We are affirmative team from SMKN 1 DLANGGU. Lets me to introduce our team.
Me as the 1st speaker, my name is Rucita Alma Maulidya, I will talking about education point of view. Our 2nd speaker is Siti Maslichah, she will talking about economic and social point of view. And our 3rd speaker is Hilal, he will support our team with his strong evidence and fresh ideas. And for the reply speech will be give by (1st or 2nd ) speaker.
Okay, next I would like to give our motion today, Our motion today is “We should be banned eating meat”. And we are affirmative team absolutely agree with this motion because if we eat too much meat can cause bad impact for our bodies and also the price is expensive, so people are less able difficult to consume meat.
Okay, and then I will deliver my argument: …
So, we are affirmative team agree with the motion today because … (link back)
Okay, that’s all from me. Thanks for your attention. 
  
2nd speaker:
> Greeting+introducing
> Themeline
> Rebutle the 1st speaker of Neg Team
> Argument+Evidence
> Link Back
Contoh :
Assalamu’alaikum Wr.Wb
Good day every body. Honorable to the judge, moderator, time keeper, my beloved negative team and all of the audience. Let me introduce my self. My name is Rucita Alma Maulidya as 2nd speaker, I will talking about healthy point of view. And me as affirmative team absolutely agree with the motion today because if we eat too much meat can cause bad impact for our bodies and also the price is expensive, so people are less able difficult to consume meat.
Okay, before I delivering my argument, I would like to make some rebutle for 1st speaker of negative team. She/he said that …
Okay, that’s all my rebutle. And here is my argument ..
So, we are affirmative team agree with the motion today because … (link back)
Okay, I think enough from me. Thanks.

3rd speaker :
> Greeting+Introducing
> Theme Line
> Rebutle the 2nd speaker of Neg team
> Ide Baru
> Link back
Contoh Rebutle:
I disagree with the 2nd speaker of negative team because in my opinion, mobile phone switch off the lesson and than I disagree with 3rd speaker because aren’t you said same with 2nd speaker that we can operating mobile phone in the resting time. Sometimes many students get free times in the class so that a good idea if students can refresh brain by playing game mobile phone or hear mp3. For example, the teacher have some meeting in the room, so student can play game and then with the fiture by mobile phone can help the student. Like my partner arguments that handphone can help this about the lesson by using opera mini. In this proven, because as we know that teacher always give them all difficult duty, so the students can browse the internet in their handphone to look for the duty.


Tugas Negatif Team 
Pada dasarnya sama hanya tidak perlu membuat limitation karena team affirmatif telah menentukan sendiri.  Jika tidak ada, anda bisa merebut point itu.
Katakan saja ..
1st speaker of Neg : Well because the 1st speaker of affirmative team didn’t give us the limitation, so here I would like to give our limitation today...bla..bla..
1st speaker:
> Rebutle of the 1st speaker of affrimatif team
> Pembagian tugas sama seperti diatas
           
2nd speaker:
> Rebutle of the 2nd speaker of affirmative
> Pembagian tugas sama seperti diatas

3rd speaker:
> Rebutle of 3rd speaker of affirmative team
> Pembagian tugas sama seperti diatas


NOTICE :
- Sampaikan argument secara jelas dan tidak berbelit-belit
- Hindari kata-kata “I think”, “In my opinion”, etc. Karena yang begitu akan    mengisyaratkan kita tidak mampu dalam berdebat, tidak ada keyakinan kita. Gunakan saja kata “I believe that”.
- Berusahalah cepat dan tangkas dalam berbicara.  
- Jangan terdiam atau sering mengatakan “ng”. Terus saja bicara, jika ada yang terlupa bilang saja “Well ladies and gentlemen.”
- Jangan bawa agama dalam berdebat. Misalnya ayat-ayat dari kitab, hadist, dsb. NO SARA!
- Hati-hati dengan 3rd speaker, harus menyampaikan argument dengan jelas. 
- Reply speech tidak boleh rebutlle 
- Perhatikan rebuttle dari team lawan 
- Evidence harus kuat dan terbaru 
- Jangan terlalu sering membaca, jika membawa teks saat debat





5 comments

Jean Cosagaz | 16 Agustus 2013 10.49

Terima kasih postingannya. Membantu sekali

teguh putra | 25 November 2013 05.03

thank's gan atas infonya gan boleh tolong gak gan kalo konfliknya " hukuman bagi anak nakal tapi hukumannya setara ama anak dewasa gimana ya gan plis cepet bales ya gan besok ane maju debat ane orang ke 3 gan yg buat kesimpulan

Anonim | 4 Juni 2014 02.04

Thank you so much for this post :D

Rucita Alma | 4 Juni 2014 17.13

Okey, terima kasih sudah mampir :)

Yulinda Rizki | 13 September 2014 15.49

telat banget baca postingan ini. tapi terima kasih banyak ya, kak. artikelnya membantu sekali :)

Poskan Komentar